My first married Valentine's day was spent at the hospital taking care of sick little kiddo's.
I was so un-festive, I even forgot to wear red! However, Purple is a Valentine color though right?
My sweet Jeremy came home after work and starting slaving away in kitchen making us a very yummy dinner!
He made Anniversary Chicken, which he renamed "Valentine's Chicken"
It required Jeremy to learn 2 new words: basting and sauteing!
He also made boxed mashed potatoes. This was my first experience with boxed mashed potatoes! Who knew such a thing existed?? I was pleasantly surprised that they were pretty good!
Jeremy's meal turned out to be very good! I was a little nervous when I heard he was cooking because his cooking only includes frozen pizza, hot dogs, and a new one for him: Tacos!
So you an imagine my anxiety when he decided to make a real meal!
Now the only issue for him is that he has showed me he CAN cook! So when I get home from work I will now be expecting a little more!
Maybe one day we will actually get to go out on our Valentine's Day date like we had planned!
But it's looking like as long as we have the youth group and my job mixing: that is NOT going to happen!
Either way, I was very blessed to spend the evening with my super chef husband!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1. Glad you blogged :)
ReplyDelete2. You are OBVIOUSLY from the south if you havent had boxed mashed potatoes.
3. Everytime you blog it makes me smile because I can totally imagine you saying all of this!