Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Lately

So a lot has been going on at the Robertson household as of late.

Most impressively, Jeremy completed his first marathon!

And although he was not thrilled with his time, he did very well! He ended up with a pulled hamstring on mile 18 and some other severe leg injuries/leg bleeding that really slowed him down. He was going to break his goal time of 4 hours until the injuries. He still finished, but had to walk the last 8 miles due to the injuries.

BUT HE FINISHED.

Not to mention, he still finished faster than 1/2 of the other marathon runners!
(Allow me to brag a little)

My stubborn man is already looking for the next one to run because he was so upset with his last time.

We picked up motorcycle riding


Just kidding! We stopped at the Harley Davidson store in Dallas. He knows I would never allow him to get on a moving motorcycle. I would kill him faster than the motorcycle would.

This is as close as he will ever get. Sorry sweetie.


I have also been reading through a Christian book series call "The Mark of the Lion" series by Francine Rivers. WOW. It is so fabulous. I am currently working my way through the last of the 3 books and I am in love with all of them!

It really gives you a peak inside what the world was like for Christians in the time right after the death of Christ, during the reign of the Roman Empire. Reading it makes me understand more about the persecution the New Testament talks about. They are fictional books, but they have given me a little bit more understanding related to what those in the New Testament faced daily for their faith.

I highly recommend them.

Work has been going....nothing really new with that. I highly anticipate my days off!

Spring Retreat with the youth group was awesome! We took a group of over 80 students and talked about what it is to have your life Remade by Christ. Jeremy and Kelly did a great job reaching out to our students. It is so encouraging to see the youth group finally starting to take a hold of the ideas that they have been teaching all year. God is allowing them to do great things at the EYG!

OH!

Guess who was right about my car starter being broken??

That's right. ME!

Take THAT Mr. rude car man!

He should have done it for free after all that!

Just so you know, I was very nice when we picked it up.

1 comment: