I have a few things sent from my mother, but overall, the Holiday Cheer in my apartment is a sad story.
So I decided I wanted a wreath. Not for the front of the door, because in all reality I don't know my neighbors...what if they try and steal my wreath!? So I wanted to put my wreath on the inside of my front door. Great idea, I know!
I went wreath shopping...Do you have any idea how expensive wreaths are? I mean, seriously, its fake trees, pine cones, ribbons, and sparkly things! $15 bucks right?
WRONG! The few I found at hobby lobby were all over $40!! And of course the one that I actually wanted was definitely $80!!(YES, Hobby Lobby's Christmas decorations were 50% off...but still, I can't pay $40 for a WREATH!)
So I decided to take after my friend Kitty (who is now going to be known as Crafty Kitty).
Anyway, Crafty Kitty has inspired me to try out my own hand at crafting!
I bought supplies at Hobby Lobby, all for 50% off:
A medium sized green wreath for $4
6 sticks with red berries for $3
3 silver leaf sticks for $1.95
4 decorated pine cones for $2
Total price of Homemade wreath: $10.95.
Take that Hobby Lobby and your WAY overpriced wreaths!
Here is the final product, I am actually very pleased with it
I think it turned out well! It could probably use a ribbon or something cute, but my bow tying skills are seriously lacking!
Jeremy was less than thrilled with the sheer amount of glitter I have spread all over the apartment from the crafting adventure, thankfully, the vacuum was able to pick up most of it!
I have another crafting adventure coming up this week, I have to make 8 homemade ornaments for an ornament exchange party with some women from church this Friday. I should have probably started this a week or so ago...but I can crank out 8 ornaments right?
I'll post pictures when I finish them. They will involve: pine cones, spray paint, glitter and ribbons! Get excited!
Merry Christmas!


ASHLEY!!! IM SO IMPRESSED! Can I also just mentioned that as I was reading I kept thinking "man...why isnt she just making one?!" and you did!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou did great and it looks wonderful! I'm glad your apt has some Christmas cheer this year!
ReplyDelete