Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Catching Up

So a lot has been going on at the Robertson household!

I've learned to make super yummy semi-homemade cinnamon rolls:

1 package of reduced fat crescent rolls rolled out in the a square
Spread butter over entire surrface
Apply mixture of cinnamon and sugar to surface area
roll into a log and cut into small cinnamon rolls
Bake in cake pan at 375 for 11 minutes
Glaze:
in a coffee cup mix powedered sugar with a little milk until consistency is a little thinner than honey. Stir until smooth.
Apply glaze on top of warm cinnamon rolls. YUM!

We celebrated my sweet husband's 23rd birthday! What an old man :)

Yes, that is a homemade cookie cake and it was fabulous....minus the icing job! I am no Cake Boss to say the least!


Jeremy and I got a free table...and tried to update it to a little more our style! I LOVE antiqued furniture. So I thought, what the heck, let's try out our hand on the free table. The worst that could happen is we have to donate it if it looks terrible! Well, we are still working on it, but here are some pictures!


Before:
After 1st coat:


Second Coat finished and antiquing started:




It is still a work in progress....I haven't decided how I feel about it yet! We still need to touch up a few spots that the tape ripped off and paint a glaze over it to keep it from chipping.

Chairs for this table are another story. I have to decide if I like it before we get chairs.

I'm thinking just plain black chairs though.

Nevermind that we don't have a dining room, or just any room to put this table and chairs in. Our second bedroom can count as a dining room if need be! At least we'd have somewhere else to eat our meals at instead of at the counter everytime!

I will post a finalized picture with chairs if we decide to keep it!

No comments:

Post a Comment