Monday, September 6, 2010

Harry Potter

Well I have finally given in to reading the series.

Yes, I've seen the movies and yes, I have enjoyed them.

Why not read them? I don't know that I have a good reason why, other than I didn't want to because everyone else was. For some reason I suppose this made me cool.

Sometime during my last semester of nursing school, after I had been deprived of any good reading for 4 long years of college, I decided that I would treat myself to the Harry Potter series after passing the NCLEX.

I am now on book five. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.



I have enjoyed the books, Triwizard Tournament being my favorite so far



However, without drawing the hatred of all those who are madly in love with the series, I would like to be open about my feelings:

They have not lived up to my expectations. While I have thoroughly enjoyed reading them, I have not been drawn in and consumed by an unquenchable desire to do nothing but sit and fin sh all the books in one day as I thought I would do.

On that note, I still have enjoyed reading Harry Potter and will continue to read them until I have finished. I fully believe they are well written and entertaining. It would be lying to say I have not sat and read for hours at a time. However, something is just not catching with me. Maybe this will change as I continue to read.

One that note, nothing will ever replace my obcession with the Twilight Series. There is no competition with Bella, Edward and Jacob. My true love still lies in the small town of Forks, Washington, in the world of Vampires and Werewolves.




No matter how many time I read these books (don't ask how many) I am never bored. I always want more.

If Stephenie Meyer only knew how badly I want more...she would write me another book.

As for now...I just have to patiently wait and hope that one day, she will want to re-enter that world and supply those like me with more of Bella and Edward.

1 comment:

  1. I wont even begin to tell you all the ways HP is better than Twilight...but I am glad to hear you're reading them!

    ReplyDelete